Thursday, March 29, 2012

End of March Snow: People Go Crazy


Snow on March 29th, it's the talk all over campus. Students are in disbelief and wonder,
what is going on with our weather? Last Thursday 80 degrees outside and today low thirties...what is going on? If you are a Vermonter you are used to this sporadic weather; however, it has never been this unusual.

What causes these changes? Is global warming really having its effect on us now? or is this still normal weather? I do not know what is right or what is wrong, however something doesn't feel right. It makes me really ponder every single item I buy and throw away, do I really need this? or is it just creating waste for the planet? Should I really eat meat? Or am I definitely doing too much harm now?

My other observation is the lack of runners outside. A couple weeks ago I wrote about joggers who only jog when the weather is nice and today I didn't see any joggers. True, I did go in the middle of the day, however there is usually at least one other jogger out and today there was no one. Remember, just cause it's cold outside doesn't mean you can't bundle up and go for it!
Human's are tough and once you run in some nasty storm, you'll feel like a champion and can run in anything!

Stay Strong,
Trevor

Pic from http://www.cartoonistswithattitude.org/blog/category/climate-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment