Thursday, March 15, 2012

Digg.com -Your Daily Dose of News, Except Better


I never heard of digg (http://digg.com/) until a few weeks ago and I must say I'm in love with it! Digg gives viewers a daily dose of scholarly news mixed with goofy news such as 15 funniest text messages from parents. It's serious yet also refreshing, it would be like a newspaper done in color if it was in print form.

Digg also has a very simple layout and concept. There are different newsrooms per topic and in that is articles on that topic which one can choose to give a thumbs up to or thumbs down to. If you "digg" an article you simply give it a thumbs up.

It gets better, digg also lets you create your own profile which other people can view. You also can submit articles and pieces of work you find interesting, you just have to click on the submit link button and put in your article. I therefore put every article I write for my blog on it for others to also view there! With your profile you can comment on other articles, digg articles, follow other users, and be followed. Once one does a lot of anything on digg they can win awards for submitting articles, commenting, digging articles, etc. Digg also then also has a "my news" page which creates news it believes you would like based on previous articles you digg, viewed, submitted, or commented on! It's useful.

I have to say I appreciate the generosity of users on digg. I have gained seven followers without doing anything special and I have no idea who these people are.

Digg is a lot of fun, check it out!

Also, my user name is trevorvt
Feel free to follower me!

Submit articles, have fun viewing others,
Stay Strong,
Trevor

pic from http://vimeo.com/user481597

No comments:

Post a Comment