Sunday, March 4, 2012

How to do quick and correct citations:College Edition


I remember life in Middle School and High School when doing works cited and bibliography's could take hours, however due to the internet at our everyday convenience they are now easy. With access to the internet making a works cited is as easy entering an ISBN number of a book, website url, or plugging in the data asked of you. One can do this on websites like Son of Citation Machine : http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?start=# .

This website is simple to use. One chooses the type of citation they need and then just plug in what is asked. After that is done, the citation appears and one just copies and pastes it into the works cited. Remember most works cited are alphabetical and also have a double indent after the first line. Citation Machine also tells you how you should reference the article in text, if it's (Adams, 31) or however.

If you've never heard of this I highly recommend giving it a shot. It has saved me a lot of time. I used to have to go to the library to find a book on citations and then follow the guidelines in the book. I believe my friend Erica notified me of this website while doing a lab for science during my first year of college and from then on I've always used it.

It can't hurt to try. If you don't like it you can head to reference section of the lib and pull out a book on citations.

Best,
and
Stay Strong!
Trevor

pic from http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?start=

No comments:

Post a Comment