Sunday, April 28, 2013

Get Your Focus On!!!! -Do your homework more effectively with less distractions!

Hi You All,

I haven't posted in a while, but that is okay.

I wanted to talk about being able to do homework more effectively. I have had trouble trying to do my homework efficiently and often find myself overly distracted. I have often wondered why am I having trouble focusing?

I think the answer is that I have not been in a productive mindset when I'm doing my homework. I have too many thoughts going through my mind and that causes me to struggle to focus on the one piece of work I have to do at hand.

Here are some tips:

-Set a goal for your homework.

-Download and Use the Self-Control App. This allows you to block all the websites that normally distract you like Facebook or Youtube.

-Hide your Cell Phone.

-Close all the windows on your computer that do not directly relate to the assignment you're working on.

-Study in a good environment -Somewhere quiet and well-lit.

-Have proper nutrition. Healthy people perform better.

FINALLY: Get your mind in the right place: try meditation.
I have been doing a lot of these exercises before long nights of homework and they definitely help me
get in the right mindset; they help clear my mind of distractions.
www.uvm.edu/health/mindfulmedia
All of these exercises are free and one of them is only three minutes long, so it really can't hurt. Chances are you'll goof off and not focus for 20minutes so any of these are a productive and effective study break!

Best of luck during finals everyone!

Best,

Trevor

p.s. I hope you like the tired picture of me holding up the card I got from health and well-being about mindfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment